Friday, November 21, 2014

Paris: Day Two




I started the day with a trip to La Défense, the business district of Paris. It is a completely different city there, with modern architecture, art, and shops. The most prominent feature of La Défense was the modern version of the Arc de Triomphe, a beautiful, gigantic, white arch. I found it incredible how I could feel as if I were in a completely different part of France while still being in the same city.

From La Défense, I made my way to the Louvre, one of the largest art museums in the world. While I did not have time to go within on this trip, I will return to Paris again with the sole intent of exploring this immaculate museum. It is an incredibly building, and I would recommend saving at least one full day to explore all that it has to offer.

The final hours of my trip to Paris were spent at Notre Dame and the Jardin du Luxembourg (Garden of Luxembourg). Notre Dame was by far the biggest cathedral I had ever seen, and to go inside you need immense patience due to the plethora of tourists. It’s definitely worth the wait though, especially if you go up the stairs that are outside of the structure, you get a beautiful view of the city from the top. The Jardin de Luxembourg was also an incredible sight. There was a small orchestra playing in the courtyard, and there were countless types of flowers everywhere. A spectacular place to have a picnic, or just relax from all of the chaos that is Parisian culture.

I can safely say that Paris is one of the most beautiful cities in the world. There are so many places to go, and the entire city was built to impress. I would highly recommend spending at least a week in this beautiful city, in order to truly appreciate all of its glories

No comments:

Post a Comment